The CRIJ supports by finance & logistic international sport meetings and tournaments organized by Cachan sport associations and clubs.
Foreign clubs interested to participate to such activities may contact us, we will support their contacts to their Cachan counterparts.
This is of course the sport N°1 in France, and germany as well, as well as in UK and since many years the young teams of COC Cachan & FC Rautheim organize each year a football tournament alternately in France and Germany.
This is also the opportunity for players and coaches to discover the area, and to join entertainments with their foreign friends.
Friendship between HBC Cachan and their counterpart of Lehre in Germany exists since the previous twinning of Cachan with Brunswick.
This relationship was never interrupted, and Cachan has welcomed again their Lehre friends last may, for a tounament involving severall teams of Paris area
9 judokas of ALC Cachan went to Brazil in february 2011 and joined a 7 days Judo session .Their counterpart was the Salvador de Bahia Judo club, and beside the sporting activity, it was also an outstanding opportunity to discover this wonderful country.
The International Football Tournament
Even years, the International Youth Days in Rautheim,
Uneven years, the Days of Friendship France-Germany in Cachan, are an opportunity for our young football players to meet their german counterparts, on the football field and also during activities which are included in the program.
In 2014, Rautheim welcomed the tournament
Many more pictures available on the FC Rautheim Website here
Once more the COC of Cachan was invited by his partner FC Sport Freunde 1920 Rautheim, and took part to the « 19th International Youth Days » together with some other european associations coming from Switzerland, Nederland, Finland , France and of course several german associations.
During the opening ceremony Mr Jean-Pierre Delarue president of the COC and his german partner at the FC Rautheim received an official recognition diploma for their efforts to promote this long terme exchange, in front of official authorities of the city, the district and representatives of the government authorities in charge of Youth and Sports ,
In the program of the 19th International Youth Days :
Vive la France !!
- first of all of course the football tournament of the 15~19 teens ans, where the COC team reached a good 5th position, while the winner was the other french team, Bouillargues, small town of Nimes neighborhood
but also games, discovery and entertainment
- open discussion workshops gave our youth to communicate beyond language barriers, to learn about, and understand the environment in which young Germans live and also to build friendships.
- the coaches also went into fierce competition and the french team has been brilliant in table-tennis, pétanque and also in the cooking contest 'Top Chief'....
Vive la France !!
- visits to the historic city of Brunswick, to the museum of the old mines of Rammelsberg which were once the wealth of this area of Germany, completed the rich program of this long week-end
- but we did not forget entertainment !
the concert at the stadium with the « Neid Klapp » group and a disco evening at the « la Mine » nightclub in Lengede, made a full success loved by all young people, and we know that music has no boarder nowadays and is a common language for them.
In 2010, 52 members des COC, players and coaches went to Germany to « fight » on the football field against 20 teams of 15-17 teens from 5 countries, and were excellent, up to a final lost 1 to 0.
Let us remember the 2002 victory of our team !
In 2011, The C.O.C. welcomed about 20 teams of 13 teens, of which 2 german teams,
from june 1st to 5th.
The Football Tournament
the result : US Ivry was a brillant winner
FC Rautheim 7th
COC Cachan 8th
Activities of the Friendship Days
Beside the Football Tournament, our german friends, 22 kids and 24 adults, could enjoy activities like :
- Paris discovery tour : Bateau-mouche, la Tour Eiffel, Notre-Dame
- A so french petanque tournament, in which german kids were just too good !
- Paris by night, the famous Moulin Rouge, offered by the german adults to their Cachan counterparts.
- Cups ceremony headed the mayor assistant in charge of sport and associations
- Official welcome at the City Hall, and dancing night at the COC club-house.
In 2015, The show will be in Cachan again
Judo - Discovery of Brazil
The trip to Salvador de Bahia in Brazil was organized by the association Amicale Laïque de Cachan (ALC) and was an excellent opportunity for the french judokas to acquire brazilian jiu-jitsu technics, and for the brazilian competitor to simprove basic technics .
Orville Neto, jiu-jitsu vice-world champion, took part as a trainer.
But it just wasn't only sport, and our judokas could visit the historical center of the city, named Pelourhino, where they saw the preparation of the famous carnaval.
They also attended a football match between 2 major teams of this region of Brazil. Knowing what is football for brazilian people, just guess how hot was the atmosphere !
On human side, our judokas have been confronted to the social reality of the 'favelas' and with the training conditions of brazilian judokas practising in small and overcrowded halls with a very limited equipment. ALC judokas offered to their brazilian partners a lot of small presents like Kimonos, T-Shirts, balls and school supplies.
They also had the opportunity to share "feijoadas", typical brazilian food in 'favellas'.